- The story
- About asthma
- The Dream
- Asthma Programs
- About WBB
The World Tour
- The Route
- The Eber Family
- The Equipment
- Latest News
The Eber family is delighted to talk to the press about their world adventures for asthma. To find out where they are right now and how you can contact them please call or e-mail:
cell (503) 706-8804
Click here for maps (planned North American route and historical maps).
Quick Facts About the Ebers
- Four family members
- Lorenz -- Born in Germany (1963), came to US in 1980. Has Masters in Aeronautical Engineering.
- Paula -- Born in Canada (1958), came to US in 1968. Has PhD in Anthropology. Has had severe asthma since age 2.
- Anya -- Born 1990 in Illinois, moved to Washington State when six months old
- Yvonne -- Born in 1992 in Washington State
- Jens -- Born prematurely 1989, suffered from respiratory distress syndorme. He died same year from NEC (which is not asthma).
- Significant Bike Trips
- 1983 - Trip around lake Michigan
- 1985 - cycled thru Holland, Belgium, England and France (honeymoon)
- 1987 - West coast cycling tour (Washington & California)
- 1996 - Oregon Coast (this trip and subsequent as a family of four)
- 1997 - Alaska from Fairbanks to Seward
- 2001 - Another Oregon bike trip
- 2003 - Started current trip around the world in May
The following hi-resolution images are available for media use:
Ebers In Holland - 1.51 MB jpeg
Ebers On the Rhine - 1.35 MB jpeg
Anya and Yvonne being sisters in Sweden - 1.28 jpeg
Ebers in London - 1.29 MB jpeg
Paula Holmes on Camel in Mongolia - 348 KB jpeg
Ebers outside a Ger in Mongolia - 149 KB jpeg
Ebers inside a Ger in Mongolia - 305 KB jpeg
Tianman Square, Bejing - 1.5 MB jpeg
6.6 earthquake in Taiwan place this interesting rock in the road. Anya Eber offers a sense of scale - 1.4 MB jpeg
A Taiwanese family offers the Ebers a meal - 1.3 MB jpeg
A complete list of articles about this Asthma fundraising event is on the articles page.
Our most recent Press Releases are listed below. To view the full text of the release, just click on the title.
WORLD BIKE FOR BREATH ANNOUNCES FIRST ASTHMA PROGRAM AWARD: CLINIC IS FOUNDED IN INDIA November 5, 2002 (Microsoft Word format)
World Bike for Breath, a Seattle-based non-profit organization whose mission is to raise money to help fight asthma worldwide, today announced the first recipient of their Asthma Program Awards. International Asthma Services will receive equipment to create a pulmonary lung function laboratory in Kolkota (formerly known as Calcutta), India. With the arrival of a computerized spirometer, oximeters, nebulizers and peak flow meters donated by World Bike for Breath, the lab will open this December to treat an estimated 20,000 people with asthma and lung diseases in the city made famous by Mother Theresa.
BURLEY PLEDGES SUPPORT FOR WORLD BIKE FOR BREATH CAMPAIGN August 2, 2002 (Microsoft Word format)
SEATTLE – A family committed to finding a cure for asthma will embark on a worldwide journey thanks to the Eugene-based company, Burley Design Cooperative. Starting in January 2003, Paula Holmes-Eber, her husband Lorenz, and their two daughters, Anya, age 11, and Yvonne, age 8, will cycle 15,000 kilometers through five continents and 25 countries to raise awareness and funds for asthma research and programs...
Updated: May 8, 2004
Thanks to our sponsors!
Our Mission: World Bike for Breath is a nonprofit corporation raising AWARENESS and MONEY for asthma.
©2004 World Bike for Breath, 12106 Heron St, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110 Tel. 206.842.6706 Email BikeForBreath@hotmail.com